Saturday, January 24, 2009

Unsolicited Review of Gossip Girl

The only real tragedy that took place in Philadelphia was that instead of watching the new episode of House, I was forced to watch (ugh) Gossip Girl. (Kellie and her roommates are fans. It's not their fault that they don't know any better.) As a general rule, I don't really get into soap opera-y shows, particularly teen soap operas. Sometimes I wonder if maybe you had to get into them while you were actually a teen in order to really appreciate the genre. I never watched Dawson's Creek, so maybe that's why I don't have a taste for that kind of thing.

Anyway, this was the first episode of Gossip Girl I had ever seen, and if you have never watched it before either, let me assure you, you've likely made the right choice. Have you ever met a hugely selfish bitch before? Can you imagine a young man who looks vaguely snake-like and who's only acting mode is "Seethe"? Well then, you probably won't need Gossip Girl.

On the other hand, as a big fan of musicals and John Hughes movies, I'm not without my own guilty pleasures. To each their own, and all that.

4 comments:

Sass Pizzazz said...

testing... testing...?

Christa said...

Omg fixed!!

Christa said...

I just wanted to share, also, that I:

a) miss you and Kellie terribly.
and
b) admit to having watched Twilight today.

So Kellie really shouldn't feel too bad about Gossip Girl and you really shouldn't feel too bad about musicals. It came to me in a dream, and now that it's out of my system, life can resume as usual.

Sass Pizzazz said...

Hooray! Comments from Christa! (We miss you too, by the way.) Honestly, the only thing keeping me from seeing Twilight is that I might want to read the books first. And the only thing keeping me from reading the books right now is that first I have to finish the Brian Lumley books that Lee loaned me, and the Sookie Stackhouse books (upon which True Blood is based) that I got for Christmas.

It's vampire season!